The Great Hall
Stay up to date with our latest Blog and Reviews here
Wow your guests this autumn with Simon's mouth-watering jambalaya recipe.
Jambalaya has been a much-loved favourite for generations as it's filling and full of flavour. It is also very versatile, so it can be easily adapted to make use of whatever ingredients happen to be lying around. Head Chef Simon George's dish is perfect as a warming snack, or you can turn it into a delicious meal by adding either steak, chicken, seafood or roasted vegetables. Your choice! Our ingredients list below is for two people, so increase the quantities depending on how many people you're cooking for.
400ml chicken stock
200g long grain rice
300g chopped tomatoes
50ml white wine
Two chorizo sausages (diced)
One small red pepper (fine diced)
One small white onion (fine diced)
Two cloves garlic (minced)
Two tbsp cajun spice
Two tbsp parsley
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Fry off the chorizo on a medium heat to release the oils. Add the pepper and onions. Two minutes later add the garlic with the cajun spice.
2. Continue to fry for approximately four minutes then stir in the rice, add the chopped tomatoes and cook for a further two minutes.
3. Add the white wine and reduce.
4. Add the chicken stock and cook on a medium-low heat until the rice is cooked, stirring occasionally.
5. Add seasoning and parsley, then serve.
Let us know what you think of this recipe. Send a picture of your creation to our Head Chef Simon George, at firstname.lastname@example.org.