Stay & Save Offer
Stay up to date with our latest Blog and Reviews here
Wow your guests this autumn with Simon's Jambalaya recipe.
Jambalaya has been a much-loved favourite for generations as it's filling and full of flavour. It is also very versatile, so it can be easily adapted to make use of whatever ingredients happen to be lying around. Head Chef Simon George's dish is perfect as a snack or you can turn it into a delicious meal by adding either steak, chicken, seafood or roasted vegetables. Your choice!
400ml chicken stock
200g long grain rice
300g chopped tomatoes
50ml white wine
2 chorizo sausage (diced)
1 small red pepper (fine diced)
1 small white onion (fine diced)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
2 tbsp cajun spice
2 tbsp parsley
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Fry off the chorizo on a medium heat to release the oils. Add the pepper and onions. Two minutes later add the garlic with the cajun spice.
2. Continue to fry for approximately four minutes then stir in the rice, add the chopped tomatoes and cook for a further two minutes.
3. Add the white wine and reduce.
4. Add the chicken stock and cook on a medium-low heat until the rice is cooked, stirring occasionally.
5. Add seasoning and parsley and serve.
Let us know what you think of this recipe. Send a picture of your creation to our Head Chef Simon George, at firstname.lastname@example.org.