WORK WITH US
Here at The Alverton Hotel, we operate 365 days a year. Dedicated to the team, we make sure that as the business thrives, so do the staff in it. It’s clear to see that our staff love working at The Alverton, with a low turnover rate and opportunity to progress within the roles. Some of the benefits of working at The Alverton include:
Wages & staff discounts:
We strive to provide the real national living wage to every member of staff that works with us at The Alverton. We also offer hefty staff discounts throughout the hotel including The Working Boat pub and our sister hotel The Greenbank.
Personal development & training plans:
We offer various training and courses within the hotel and outside sources, we enjoy seeing our teams progress with their own personal performances. For example, our bar and restaurant team will attend wine tasting courses, our marketing team will attend social media and strategy courses, and our porter team will attend first aid training courses. We’re always open and enthusiastic to hear your own thoughts about how you’d like to develop.
Incentive schemes & perks:
We ensure to provide incentives for our staff, with regular performance reviews and rewards for exceptional work. Our management team also nominate and select a “staff member of the month” who will receive a monetary reward when they’ve been chosen to receive the recognition.
Every staff member’s birthday is celebrated by giving them a £10 gift voucher to spend in the hotel.
We also reward continued service. After working at The Alverton for one year, we’ll treat you to a meal for two people in The Working Boat. After working with us for five years, we’ll offer you a complimentary night’s stay at either The Greenbank or The Alverton.
We provide the uniforms depending on the role given.
Social events & charity involvement:
Every year, The Alverton hosts an end-of-summer party and Christmas party for the staff, as well as department treats every six months, recognising team successes within each department.
With a strong commitment to raising awareness and funds for local charities in Cornwall, The Alverton have raised money for Cornwall Air Ambulance. Our involvement with charities include staff fun runs, coastal walks, helicopter jumps and gala dinners. Find out more details of our charity involvement here.
All job vacancies will be posted below, so please continue to check this page. For general positions we are happy to receive CVs to keep on file. Please mark them for the attention of the Hotel Manager and email us here.
FULL TIME: ASSISTANT MARKETING MANAGER
Due to the departure of our long-term Assistant Marketing Manager, a unique and rare opportunity has emerged to join our dynamic marketing team at sister hotels The Greenbank in Falmouth and The Alverton in Truro. If you’re an innovative brand expert who stays ahead of trends, we want to hear from you.
You’ll collaborate with the Head of Marketing (part time role), Designer, Digital Marketing Specialist, and Guest Relations Manager. The role also involves participation in weekly revenue meetings, HOD meetings, and working closely with the Managing Director and senior management.
Organisational skills and top-notch written communication are essential. The role offers a competitive salary with benefits, including discounts across the three businesses, annual reviews, training plans, and social events.
Based in Falmouth, the position covers both hotels and our quayside pub, The Working Boat. The working week is Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, with occasional evenings or weekends for specific events.
We’re looking for marketers who share our vision and values, so even if the role doesn’t quite match your expectations; let’s talk…
- Support our Head of Marketing in team management and weekly priorities
- Brand management to ensure consistent messaging across all channels, collateral, and content
- Conduct marketing research and analyse monthly digital reports, for performance evaluation and strategic adjustments for competitive advantage
- Strategically plan and execute monthly e-newsletter campaigns, including database management
- Liaise with our PR freelancer, external agencies, print companies, advertising partners, and all internal departments
- Write and distribute press releases, manage local PR, and drive influencer outreach
- Promote busy events calendar for both hotels and the pub, to maximise awareness
- Project management, including new product development, such as the creation of hotel and F&B offers
- Drive customer acquisition and leverage current relationships to nurture loyalty and drive repeat business
- Enhance reputation through corporate social responsibility, community engagement, and sustainability efforts
- Assist with print advertising, partnerships, and sponsorship opportunities
- Oversee online presence and reputation, including social media, blog content, online advertising, and digital PR
- Lead photo shoots and briefs for video content creation
- General administration, to include invoicing, proofreading, and collating quotations from external companies to ensure cost-effective allocation of resources
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Commercially aware and willing to go above and beyond
- Analytical mind for data and metrics analysis
- Results-oriented, understanding of the importance of measurement and reporting
- Grammatically flawless and strong IT skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A keen visual eye to create beautiful marketing collateral
- Innovative mindset with a passion for hospitality and staying ahead of trends
- Highly organised and adept at multi-tasking
- Motivated, confident and meticulous
- Ability to work independently and proactively, using own initiative
- Degree in a relevant subject and CIM qualification preferred
- Proficient in Google Analytics, SEM, WordPress, email marketing platforms, and Adobe
To apply, please email Abby here with your CV and brief paragraph to explain why this is the ideal position for you.
GUEST ROOM CLEANER
Our housekeeping team play a crucial role in ensuring that our four-star hotel is clean, fresh and tidy for all of our guests. You will need an eye for detail and take pride in contributing towards making our guests feel comfortable in their surroundings. Be that within the hotel, restaurant or their rooms.
This role will be on a zero hour contract and may include weekends and bank holidays, depending upon the rota in force, but will be predominantly mornings. Experience in a similar role would be preferred.
Salary: Above the National Minimum Wage.
Please submit a covering letter explaining why you think that you would be the ideal candidate, along with your CV by clicking here.