Your browser is no longer supported. Please
upgrade your browser
to improve your experience.
Recipes from The Alverton: what you will need per person
- One skinless chicken breast
- Two slices of prosciutto
- 25g sausage meat
- 25g chorizo sausage
- One free range egg
- Three new potatoes
- One baby leek
- One baby carrot
- One cooked baby beetroot
- 20g diced pancetta
- Four sun blushed tomatoes
- 15g butter
- One tsp plain flour
- 150ml chicken stock
- 50ml double cream
For the chicken
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- First blend together the sausage meat, chorizo and egg (no need to season as there is plenty of flavour in both meats).
- Make an incision through the middle of the chicken length ways with a sharp filleting knife.
- Stuff the chicken either with your hands or a piping bag if you have one.
- Wrap the chicken with the sliced prosciutto.
- Place in the oven for approximately 15 minutes.
For the sautéed potatoes
- Boil the potatoes for approximately 15 minutes or until a knife will cut through the potato.
- Slice each potato into three pieces discarding the ends.
- In a hot oiled pan, fry the potatoes each side getting a nice golden brown colour, add butter and coat the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
For the sauce
- Fry the pancetta in a medium hot pan.
- Chop the sun blushed tomatoes.
- Add to the pancetta.
- Add the butter until melted.
- Mix in the flour.
- Stir for a minute then top with the chicken stock.
- Cook until sauce thickens.
- Then add the cream for a further two minutes.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil.
- Cook the baby leek and carrot for four to six minutes.
- Heat the beetroot for six minutes in the oven on 180.
Place the sautéed potatoes on the plate, spread out in a row. Slice the chicken into four pieces and place on top of the potatoes overlapping each other.
Cut all the vegetables in half and randomly place around the chicken.
Drizzle the sauce over and around the chicken.
Fancy trying more recipes from The Alverton?