This month we’re celebrating British Food Fortnight at The Alverton.
British Food Fortnight runs from 18th September until 3rd October and is a celebration of all of the ‘delicious and diverse’ food that is produced across our isles.
We’re proud to say that our menus change with the seasons to showcase the very best of the South West. And our cuisine is always prepared in simple, effective ways that let our impressive produce do the talking.
For this year’s British Food Fortnight, we’re celebrating all of the amazing produce that heralds from Cornwall, by highlighting our local food heroes including the farmers, producers, suppliers and chefs who create the exceptional Cornish products that we use across our hotel and at our sister hotel, The Greenbank.
Here at The Alverton, our Executive Chef Nick Hodges takes pride in his local ‘plough to plate’ ethos of The Alverton’s kitchen, which he has been shaping since 2018. Alongside Head Chef Errki Mikk, the taltented duo have great relationships with many Cornish producers – whether it be the fruit and vegetables incorporated into our dishes, the dairy products in our afternoon tea, or even the artisan spirits we use to whip up our cocktails.
Acknowledging our friends and trusted suppliers…
- Our fish – Matthew, Andrea and family, Matthew Stevens – St Ives
- Fish and delicatessen – Naomi and family, Celtic Fish & Game – St Ives
- Crab and shellfish – The Real Cornish Crab Company – Newlyn
- Beef and grass-fed meats – Viv George, Nanteague Farm – Truro
- Cream, butter and milk – Foxy, Trewithen Dairy – Greymare Farm, Lostwithiel
- Eggs – St Ewe Free Range Eggs – Ventowyn Farm, Truro
- Veggies and salad – Canara Farm – Mylor
- Cornish bakehouse – Marion and Steve – Portreath Bakery, Redruth
- Westcountry Fruits – Thanks Roger for everything – Falmouth
We thank you all!
‘Taste of Truro’ evening at The Alverton: 1st October
For this year's Truro Food Festival, Executive Chef Nick and Head Chef Erkki will be hosting an intimate tasting evening in The Library.
Food & Drink
A truly tranquil spot for laid-back luxury in the city. Expect food that is a feast for the eyes and the tastebuds, and top notch tipples served with a smile. Food is served daily from midday until 9pm.