Caesar Salad Recipe Ingredients:
For the dressing:
2 garlic cloves, peeled
½ lemon, juice
30ml white wine vinegar
25g parmesan, finely grated
15g dijon mustard
1 egg yolk
5ml worcestershire sauce
60ml rapeseed oil
salt and white pepper to taste
For the garlic croutons:
a drizzle of rapeseed oil
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
2 slices of stale bread, diced (focaccia and ciabatta work well)
a sprig of rosemary, chopped
a pinch of salt
1 lettuce, large
cooked chicken breast
1. For the dressing: put all the ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth. Set aside.
2. For the garlic croutons: preheat the oven to 155°c / gas 3. In a shallow bowl, mix together the oil and garlic. Soak the bread in the oil until coated, then stir in the rosemary and salt.
3. Place the croutons on a baking tray and bake in the oven, turning occasionally, until golden brown.
4. Wash the lettuce and drain well. Tear off the outer leaves and reserve the small inner leaves for garnishing. Mix the outer leaves with 4-5 tbsp of the dressing.
6. Place the dressed leaves in a salad bowl. Layer with the inner leaves, croutons and any optional extras. Finish with a generous grating of parmesan.
Cornish Recipes from The Alverton: Nick Hodges’ Seared Scallop Starter
Make the starter the star of the show. Indulge with our seared scallop starter with parsnip and apple puree, roasted peach, maple glazed pancetta and parsnip crisps. Serves two people.
For restaurants in Truro, look no further than The Alverton. Sip cocktails overlooking the garden and indulge in award-winning Cornish cuisine.