Receptionist (Maternity Cover)
£18,138 a year
The reception team is looking for an additional enthusiastic person to join their team. You will be responsible for providing a friendly, welcoming and efficient service to all hotel guests, ensuring their stays are enjoyable from the moment they arrive to the moment they depart.
You would be required to work five days out of seven. Shift patterns vary and could include bank holidays.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Undertake front of house duties, including meeting, greeting and attending to the needs of guests.
- Build a good rapport with all guests and resolve any complaints/issues quickly to maintain high quality customer service.
- Be responsible for accurate and efficient accounts and guest billing processes.
- Assist in keeping the hotel reception area clean and tidy at all times.
- Undertake general office duties, including correspondence, emails, filing and switchboard.
- Ensure the smooth running of the reception area.
- To administer all reservations to ensure that room bookings are made and recorded accurately.
- Keep up to date with room prices and special offers to provide accurate information to guests.
- Report any maintenance, breakage or cleanliness problems to the relevant manager.
- Administer the general petty cash system and float in an accurate manner.
- Undertake all training as required (eg, first aid, health and safety, customer service.)
- Adhere to all fire safety test procedures and to assist in the evacuation process in the event of fire.
Skills and experience required:
- Working knowledge of Hotel Perfect (Hotel Operating System.)
- Friendly and welcoming approach.
- High standards of dress and presentation.
- Ability to remain calm during difficult situations or in a very busy environment.
- The ability to work unsupervised.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a pleasant telephone manner.
- Great administrative skills and the ability to use email and booking systems.
- Good team working skills.
- Experience within a similar setting.